Liverpool are keen on Wolves winger Pedro Neto, according to a report by Goal.
They claim that Neto is among the names Jurgen Klopp likes as he considers how to improve his attack.
The report says that there won’t be a bid from Anfield this summer because of Neto’s injury which ended his season early.
It’s hardly surprising Neto is attracting admiring glances after the campaign he had.
We could fill the rest of the article by looking back at the praise Neto received last season. Wolves fans know how good he is.
Nuno Espirito Santo was of course the man who brought him to Molineux and called him ‘very talented’ last December. The praise keeps raining in.
Will Wolves sell Neto?
Well he won’t be going to Anfield this summer, as mentioned. So any move would be in January at the earliest.
Liverpool signed Diogo Jota last summer, while Ki-Jana Hoever came the other way.
So there’s a working relationship between the clubs. But that doesn’t mean Neto is set to follow in Jota’s footsteps.
Bruno Lage will be charged with getting Wolves back into Europe, and when fit, Neto will be as important as anyone in the squad to getting there.
He’ll be a key player at Molineux and if Wolves get on an upward trajectory again next season, why would he want to leave?
- Exit-linked Ruben Neves ‘happy’ with his Wolves teammates; praises Lage
- Wolves transfer news: Jorge Mendes offers Rafa Mir to Barcelona
- Wolves miss out on Kaio Jorge as Brazilian agrees Juventus move
- Many Wolves fans say the same thing following 2-1 win over Coventry City
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury