Liverpool are keen on Wolves winger Pedro Neto, according to a report by Goal.
They claim that Neto is among the names Jurgen Klopp likes as he considers how to improve his attack.
The report says that there won’t be a bid from Anfield this summer because of Neto’s injury which ended his season early.
It’s hardly surprising Neto is attracting admiring glances after the campaign he had.
We could fill the rest of the article by looking back at the praise Neto received last season. Wolves fans know how good he is.
Nuno Espirito Santo was of course the man who brought him to Molineux and called him ‘very talented’ last December. The praise keeps raining in.
Will Wolves sell Neto?
Well he won’t be going to Anfield this summer, as mentioned. So any move would be in January at the earliest.
Liverpool signed Diogo Jota last summer, while Ki-Jana Hoever came the other way.
So there’s a working relationship between the clubs. But that doesn’t mean Neto is set to follow in Jota’s footsteps.
Bruno Lage will be charged with getting Wolves back into Europe, and when fit, Neto will be as important as anyone in the squad to getting there.
He’ll be a key player at Molineux and if Wolves get on an upward trajectory again next season, why would he want to leave?
- Report: 42-year-old linked with Wolves receives fresh backing from club, amid recent sack talk
- 'I'm hoping': Sasa Kalajdzic provides latest injury update, shares when he wants to be back
- Report: 56-year-old Wolves manager target's replacement will arrive tomorrow
- Report: 47-year-old manager now a real long shot to get Wolves job, he would be very expensive
- 'Excellent': UCL boss thinks Wolves managerial target's team is one of the best in Europe