Wolves are seemingly ramping up their attempts to sign a new central defender.
With Tuesday’s transfer deadline looming, Bruno Lage still needs to reinforce his backline.
Reports this week claimed Wolves are interested in Lille’s Dutch defender Sven Botman.
And Fabrizio Romano has reported Wolves have now made a bid for the 21-year-old.
Unfortunately, it has been rejected. It’s not clear how much it was worth.
Perhaps Lille are waiting to see what fee they could get out of Sevilla if they come calling to replace Jules Kounde.
Another player linked has been Duje Caleta-Car. He’s at Marseille and reports in France claim Wolves have also bid for him.
RMC Sport via GFFN say that Wolves have made a €15m (£12.9 million) bid for the Croatian.
It doesn’t say that has been rejected, so perhaps they’re mulling it over.
We don’t really know who is Wolves’ first choice, or even who is the most affordable really.
But it seems Wolves are getting serious about trying to land a defender and are not waiting for any more money to come into the club before they do it.
- Report: Serie A club now looking to sign 22y/o Wolves target who'll needs leave this summer
- Report: Club now eyeing £8.6m man as replacement for 23-year-old Wolves really want
- Video: 25-year-old who could soon leave Wolves all smiles on return to Compton
- Wolves could find exciting Traore replacement in 21-year-old who has 'electric pace' – opinion
- Two PL clubs reportedly keen on £20m striker, Wolves should be one – opinion