Lille duo Renato Sanches and Sven Botman were both linked with Wolves during the summer.
Wolves were apparently £10 million away from the valuation of young Dutch defender Botman.
Sanches was reportedly close to leaving but an injury issue prevented an exit.
Now, the Athletic have given a reported prognosis on the chances of Wolves landing one or both players in January.
On Botman, the news is not good.
A source has apparently said a January move for Botman is ‘almost impossible’.
He was open to the summer switch, but with Lille in the Champions League and unwilling to sell their best players mid-season, the chances look remote.
Sanches’ prospects are seemingly a little better. Lille’s president has already said he can leave for the right offer in January.
And that is what the Athletic report Sanches’ January prospect rely on; what Lille want to do.
They also moot the prospect of a potential loan deal, which was on the table in the summer too.
The likelihood is apparently lower than in the summer, when the report claims Wolves were ‘extremely close’ to landing him.
That means Wolves may need to look elsewhere to reinforce their squad in January, but there is plenty of time for the landscape to change before the winter window even opens.
- Wolves now in talks with Atletico for 33-year-old, as well as Matheus Cunha – Fabrizio Romano
- Report: At least five clubs now want to sign 26-year-old Wolves star Lopetegui wants to keep
- 'Proud': Wolves star posts on Instagram after incredible career moment on Friday
- 'Discussing details': Fabrizio Romano tweets update on Wolves' reported pursuit of 23-year-old
- Report: Lopetegui has competition to sign 29y/o for Wolves, but he may not leave until summer