Wolves were heavily linked with Renato Sanches in the closing days of the transfer window.
It has also already been reported that Bruno Lage is planning to go back in for the Portugal international in January.
Lille president Olivier Letang has said, via FootSur07, that Sanches can leave in the winter window if the right offer comes along.
“I have already discussed with him, if an offer from a big club arrives, Renato will be able to leave,” he said.
“We will see what could happen but, for now, he is with us – and he’s happy.
“We saw he had been able to show an interesting level of performance during his return from injury at the end of the season, but also at the Euros with Portugal.”
Injury has meant that Sanches only made his Lille comeback briefly against Marseille before the international break.
That means that signing him would not have helped Wolves at all since the transfer deadline.
Even now, he is trying to work his way back to fitness but should be there by January.
Then, it will be interesting to see whether Wolves come in with the kind of offer which could get him to Molineux.
- Wolves fans hail Molineux stars as they undertake life support training
- Bruno Lage makes very bold claim about Wolves star Joao Moutinho
- Wolves fans discuss returning Francisco Trincao’s role this Saturday
- Collins comments on ‘naive’ Wolves U23 performance
- Edwards says Wolves looked fitter than Villa on Saturday