Wolves were heavily linked with Renato Sanches in the closing days of the transfer window.
It has also already been reported that Bruno Lage is planning to go back in for the Portugal international in January.
Lille president Olivier Letang has said, via FootSur07, that Sanches can leave in the winter window if the right offer comes along.
“I have already discussed with him, if an offer from a big club arrives, Renato will be able to leave,” he said.
“We will see what could happen but, for now, he is with us – and he’s happy.
“We saw he had been able to show an interesting level of performance during his return from injury at the end of the season, but also at the Euros with Portugal.”
Injury has meant that Sanches only made his Lille comeback briefly against Marseille before the international break.
That means that signing him would not have helped Wolves at all since the transfer deadline.
Even now, he is trying to work his way back to fitness but should be there by January.
Then, it will be interesting to see whether Wolves come in with the kind of offer which could get him to Molineux.
- Conor Coady blown away by 23-year-old who's been 'quality' in Wolves training
- Spanish report makes big new Traore transfer claim as speculation swirls about star's future
- 'Absolutely fantastic': Coady raves over 'incredible' Wolves teammate after Southampton win
- 'Machine': Semedo and others comment as Wolves star posts on Instagram after impeccable display
- 'High quality': Wolves loanee leaves his new boss delighted after netting thunderous first goal