Sky Sports journalist Anton Toloui has offered an update on Wolves’ attempt to sign Renato Sanches.
He says that it’s not looking likely to happen at this stage.
Earlier this morning, the chances of Wolves getting the signing done were rated at 50/50.
And now, those odds have seemingly shifted and not for the better from a Wolves point of view.
Wolves are apparently close to allowing Morgan Gibbs-White to join Sheffield United on loan.
The club already look light on midfield options so letting him leave while not getting Sanches doesn’t make much sense.
It’s disappointing for Wolves fans because this would have been a hugely exciting deal.
So it’s up to Wolves to either shift their stance or move onto alternative targets before the end of the day.
- Wolves team news: Lage names XI to face Tottenham, Mosquera starts
- Yerson Mosquera posts on social media ahead of Tottenham clash
- Wolves should probably be keeping tabs on Club Brugge star Hans Vanaken
- Is Wolves v Tottenham on TV? Kick off time, coverage and team news
- Three questions Bruno Lage will be looking at in Wolves’ EFL Cup tie vs Tottenham