Wolves have a 50 per cent chance of signing Renato Sanches on deadline day.
That’s according to transfer expert David Ornstein, who has given an update on the pursuit to the Athletic’s YouTube channel.
He said that there is a hitch due to agreement of terms between Wolves and Lille as it stands.
“Will they bring in Renato Sanches from Lille? That’s an interesting situation because they are working on a deal,” he said.
“But I’m told it is currently blocked because of a disagreement on terms between the two clubs.
“And it’s not clear that that’s going to get done. It’s rated at 50/50.”
The interest in Sanches first emerged yesterday and he would be an exciting coup for Wolves.
But he is currently injured so he wouldn’t be able to come in and make an instant impact.
Coming in so late, without a pre-season would also not be ideal but he is a superb midfielder.
It remains to be seen whether Wolves can get the deal over the line in time, after a summer when their need for a midfielder has been clear all along.
- Wolves managerial target Julen Lopetegui officially leaves Sevilla after 4-1 UCL defeat
- 'Possibility': Wolves could announce 56y/o as Lage's successor early next week – journalist
- Report: The embarrassingly low option to buy clause Everton have on Conor Coady
- Injured Wolves duo pictured in latest training photos, £14m star on the grass
- Report: 42-year-old linked with Wolves receives fresh backing from club, amid recent sack talk