Wolves were linked with a swoop for talented Barcelona midfielder Ilaix Moriba at the weekend.
Barcelona’s financial troubles have been no secret this summer. They’re the reason Lionel Messi now plays for Paris Saint-Germain.
Offloading the Argentine isn’t enough though, and they need more outgoings before the end of the window.
And a report by ARA claims that Barca have set their asking price for Moriba.
Ronald Koeman wants 15 million euros (£12.8 million) for the midfielder.
But the report claims that none of the proposals – Wolves are far from the only interested club – have surpassed 5 million euros (£4.3 million).
So teams are clearly trying to put the squeeze on and take advantage of Barcelona’s financial situation.
Wolves have been gifted the chance to sign Moriba for less than £13 million but haven’t taken it yet.
How good is he?
Some Wolves fans on Twitter were thrilled about the links when they emerged over the weekend.
Moriba’s former Barca academy coach Oscar Hernandez claimed the midfielder is a ‘complete player’.
He is still just 18, and that rawness might put some Wolves fans off given Fabio Silva’s struggles last season.
But Moriba is a huge talent and given that Wolves don’t seem to want to spend big this summer, this could be a major opportunity for them.
Bruno Lage still needs a new central midfielder before the end of the window and Moriba would be a very exciting signing at a great price.
- Bruno Lage should take gamble on £3m Wolves player ahead of 2022/23 – opinion
- Wolves transfer targets impressed in last night's UEL final, especially 31-year-old warrior – opinion
- Report: One of 23-year-old or £4.5m man will probably be loaned out by Wolves
- Report: Wolves to advance with offer for 12-cap international soon, club want £25m+
- 'The kind of player we want': Lage hails 22-year-old but suggests Wolves loan exit is possible