Two players with Wolves connections linked up for Real Betis in their 3-1 away win over Osasuna last night.
Willian Jose sealed the victory in stoppage time with a superb dinked finish.
Who was the man who set him away to kill the game? William Carvalho, the long-time Wolves target most recently linked in March.
You can watch Willian Jose’s goal below as part of a rapid highlights package.
Wolves had the option to buy the striker at the end of his loan spell last season but that was always unlikely given his poor form.
He has since moved to Betis and now has two goals in three La Liga matches this season.
As for Carvalho, he was quoted at £8.5 million this summer and linked with Norwich.
But even with Wolves really keen to find a new central midfielder as the days ticked down at the end of the window, they didn’t really push hard for the Portuguese international.
- Wolves star named 47th best player in the Premier League for 2022/23, but Neves snubbed
- 'Discontent': Steve Davis explains how bad things were when he took over from Lage at Wolves
- 'I hope': 24-year-old who's not played for Wolves since January 2022 eyes squad role for 23/24
- Report: 22-year-old Wolves target gives green light to join league champions, could cost £34m
- £30m Wolves star bags first international goal in over a year, as he's also handed captaincy