Wolves striker Austin Samuels is all set to join Aberdeen on loan today.
The Daily Record claim that Samuels is already in Scotland and his exit should be completed today.
Aberdeen will have an option to buy Samuels if he impresses in the Scottish Premiership.
Samuels got to Cormack Park – Aberdeen’s training ground – on Monday night ahead of completing the move.
Samuels was linked with a loan move to Oldham earlier this summer but that didn’t quite materialise.
This one looks bound to happen and we await confirmation later today.
Wolves do need a third striker this season and we wondered whether it could have been Samuels.
That won’t be the case now and he gets a chance to show what he can do in the Scottish top flight.
We might well have seen the last of him in a Wolves shirt if Aberdeen take up their option.
Samuels did say last week that he was hoping for a loan exit and it looks like he’s got his wish.
- Russell Jones explains why Wolves have signed a record deal
- One Premier League team’s journey shows Wolves can do good things under Lage
- Edwards criticises Saiss’ defending in Wolves loss to Brentford
- Nigel Lonwijk eyeing Premier League chance with Wolves
- Wolves fans give their first impressions of Hwang Hee-chan