Austin Samuels is close to a loan move to away from Wolves to join Oldham Athletic.
Oldham-based journalist Adam Millington tweeted that the striker is all set to make the move
The striker’s new club play their football in League 2, having finished 18th last season.
This will be his third loan spell away from Wolves, having spent time with Kidderminster Harriers and Bradford City.
The news has not been confirmed yet but Millington is a journalist who has written for the Independent and the Mirror, and is clued up on goings on at Oldham.
Samuels needs games
Samuels came on as a substitute in Wolves’ first pre-season friendly at Crewe, but he is down the pecking order at Molineux.
He needs to get out and play regularly and that’s what this loan move will hand him the opportunity to do.
The 20-year-old will have to impress Keith Curle enough to get regular games in a physical and demanding league.
Playing matches which matter is a crucial part of a young player’s development.
For a striker, you’re charged with scoring the goals which can help fire a team away from relegation. It’s a big responsibility.
He’ll hope for a successful season in his new colours, once the move is confirmed.
- Wolves managerial target Julen Lopetegui officially leaves Sevilla after 4-1 UCL defeat
- 'Possibility': Wolves could announce 56y/o as Lage's successor early next week – journalist
- Report: The embarrassingly low option to buy clause Everton have on Conor Coady
- Injured Wolves duo pictured in latest training photos, £14m star on the grass
- Report: 42-year-old linked with Wolves receives fresh backing from club, amid recent sack talk