Wolves have been linked with Las Palmas youngster Alberto Moleiro.
Spanish outlet La Provincias claim Wolves are one of the clubs from across Europe who are keen on the teenager.
Wolves faced Las Palmas last month in a pre-season friendly in Marbella, losing 3-2.
Moleiro impressed in the game, and it seems he impressed enough for Wolves to be willing to snap him up.
Moliero seemingly has talent and obviously Wolves got to see it up close fairly recently.
But he’s 17 and an attacking midfielder. Wolves need an established central defender and a dynamic central midfielder.
A third-choice striker to upgrade on Patrick Cutrone would be a bonus. But if Moliero is the focus of Wolves’ attention right now, it would be a worry.
Some Wolves fans had their say on the links on Twitter and the consensus was that he’d likely only end up at partner club Grasshoppers if he did join.
Here’s how the report went down with just days before Wolves kick off their Premier League campaign against Leicester:
Will be a cracking signing for Grasshoppers.— Ryan (@NorthBankRyan) August 10, 2021
Off to Grasshoppers— Newbs (@NewbsR) August 10, 2021
Will go straight on loan to grasshoppers— ilson wolf (@siliffe62) August 10, 2021
Another one off to Grasshoppers then 👌🏻— Ryan Markwick (@RyanMarkwick) August 10, 2021
and will pobably end up on loan at grasshoppers— Ben smith (@Bensmit76265991) August 10, 2021
One for grasshoppers 😂— John Hall (@JohnPlatforms) August 10, 2021
Grasshoppers ay we— Greg (@Greg__Phillips) August 10, 2021
Enjoy your time at Grasshoppers mate!— con220100 (@con220100) August 10, 2021
- Predicted Wolves XI vs Liverpool: Three January signings start, including £10m man, Raul benched
- Wolves confirm 22-year-old is finally about to resume full training at Compton
- 'Tremendously talented': Manager delighted to have signed 21-year-old from Wolves
- 'Paying the toll': Paul Merson makes score prediction ahead of Wolves vs Liverpool
- 'We've tasked him': Wolves want £4.5m player to come back to Molineux with fluent English