Rafael Leao could leave Milan this summer amid interest from Wolves, as per by Italian outlet Calcio Mercato.
The forward could go for 30 million euros (£25.7 million) and Jorge Mendes is his agent.
Mendes has had talks with the Milan hierarchy over Leao’s future and more are planned this week.
Everton and Marseille are also apparently keen, despite the former not having a manager after Carlo Ancelotti left for Real Madrid.
Bruno Lage’s preferred system is 4-4-2, so it shouldn’t be ruled out that Wolves would sign another striker to bolster his options there.
But some Wolves fans on Twitter didn’t seem keen on taking a punt on Leao at almost £26 million.
That’s despite the fact he was banded around at £50 million according to a report in April.
Here’s how the update on Leao went down with some supporters on Twitter:
- Predicted Wolves XI vs Liverpool: Three January signings start, including £10m man, Raul benched
- Wolves confirm 22-year-old is finally about to resume full training at Compton
- 'Tremendously talented': Manager delighted to have signed 21-year-old from Wolves
- 'Paying the toll': Paul Merson makes score prediction ahead of Wolves vs Liverpool
- 'We've tasked him': Wolves want £4.5m player to come back to Molineux with fluent English