Wolves have been recently linked with a swoop for Italian international Lorenzo Insigne.
The Euro 2020 winner’s contract situation means he is free to organise a pre-contract agreement in January.
As per the Daily Mail, he recently said: ‘I only think about playing and about what happens on the pitch. ‘My agent takes care of the other issues.
“I always put the team in front, I always work hard and I always arrive with a smile. I don’t think about the contract, there’s time to discuss with the club. My agent and the club will take care of it, I still have one year.”
They report that those comments have put Tottenham and their boss Nuno Espirito Santo on alert.
Daniel Levy loves a bargain and it would be no surprise if he tried his utmost to get an experienced international forward on a free.
But Insigne would be a huge coup for Wolves too, and some fans on Twitter were buzzing with the links.
A potential swoop is a long way off happening. Insigne would need to let his contract situation dwindle further, for a start.
If he got to January in that situation, plenty of clubs would be in for him, including Wolves.
It would be galling to see a target go to Tottenham under Nuno, although his reign has hit the rocks lately and it will be interesting to see the position he’s in by January anyway.
- Wolves star named 47th best player in the Premier League for 2022/23, but Neves snubbed
- 'Discontent': Steve Davis explains how bad things were when he took over from Lage at Wolves
- 'I hope': 24-year-old who's not played for Wolves since January 2022 eyes squad role for 23/24
- Report: 22-year-old Wolves target gives green light to join league champions, could cost £34m
- £30m Wolves star bags first international goal in over a year, as he's also handed captaincy