Wolves have been recently linked with a swoop for Italian international Lorenzo Insigne.
The Euro 2020 winner’s contract situation means he is free to organise a pre-contract agreement in January.
As per the Daily Mail, he recently said: ‘I only think about playing and about what happens on the pitch. ‘My agent takes care of the other issues.
“I always put the team in front, I always work hard and I always arrive with a smile. I don’t think about the contract, there’s time to discuss with the club. My agent and the club will take care of it, I still have one year.”
They report that those comments have put Tottenham and their boss Nuno Espirito Santo on alert.
Daniel Levy loves a bargain and it would be no surprise if he tried his utmost to get an experienced international forward on a free.
But Insigne would be a huge coup for Wolves too, and some fans on Twitter were buzzing with the links.
A potential swoop is a long way off happening. Insigne would need to let his contract situation dwindle further, for a start.
If he got to January in that situation, plenty of clubs would be in for him, including Wolves.
It would be galling to see a target go to Tottenham under Nuno, although his reign has hit the rocks lately and it will be interesting to see the position he’s in by January anyway.
- 'A good team but': Paul Merson predicts a winner in West Ham vs Wolves
- Report: 25-year-old Wolves star snubbed two English giants, wants overseas move next year
- 'Good news for us': Guedes identifies a big boost for Wolves following international break
- 'Frustrate me': Chris Sutton gives thoughts ahead of West Ham vs Wolves, predicts a winner
- Crucial Wolves player is already just one yellow card away from a ban