Wolves’ Under-23 side suffered a 5-0 thrashing at home to their Norwich counterparts.
There were not many positives to take from the night’s work apart from the return to action from Bruno Jordao.
Another player who has worked his way back to fitness in recent times is Oskar Buur.
And the Wolves’ Athletic correspondent Tim Spiers says that the defender is likely to leave in the January transfer window.
He said that the plan was for him to spend the season with Grasshoppers again before injury struck.
So an exit in the winter window – perhaps to Grasshoppers – looks likely with a view to boosting his transfer value ahead of a sale further down the line.
That is despite the fact that the first team may be short on numbers, especially in defence during the winter with the Africa Cup of Nations.
So it appears he has no future at Molineux, but for now he is just working back to fitness at Wolves.
Wolves fans will hope that there will be more high-profile transfer business done during the January window, but the plan for Buur is apparently already clear.
- Report: Wolves in chase to sign 23-cap international who is out of contract in the summer
- 'Top six in their sights': Mark Lawrenson predicts Brentford v Wolves, picks a winner
- Merson predicts Brentford v Wolves and suggests WWFC could qualify for the Champions League
- 'Quality' 23-year-old should 100% start for Wolves against Brentford on Saturday – opinion
- Report: Wolves respond as club table £15m offer for Molineux ace they see as a priority