At the moment, it looks like Ruben Semedo is Wolves’ top central defensive target.
Yesterday, it was reported that Wolves had reached an agreement in principle to sign the defender from Olympiacos.
That update came from Giannis Chorianopoulos, the editor in chief of Sportime, a Greek outlet.
Now he’s got another snippet on the situation:
On the plus side, it looks like Wolves have convinced Semedo to choose them over two Portuguese giants.
Sporting won the title last season and will be in the Champions League draw.
Benfica could also be, depending on the outcome of their play-off later this month.
The bad news is the work permit is looking like a real issue and it isn’t going to stop being a problem any time soon.
That could really drag out. And what if an alternative target like Rob Dickie goes elsewhere in the meantime?
If the deal to sign Semedo can’t get over the line and Wolves have put all their eggs in that basket, it could be tough to come back from.
- Wolves team news: Lage names XI to face Tottenham, Mosquera starts
- Yerson Mosquera posts on social media ahead of Tottenham clash
- Wolves should probably be keeping tabs on Club Brugge star Hans Vanaken
- Is Wolves v Tottenham on TV? Kick off time, coverage and team news
- Three questions Bruno Lage will be looking at in Wolves’ EFL Cup tie vs Tottenham