Ruben Semedo has been heavily linked with Wolves in recent days, but there have been conflicting reports.
The Sun reported yesterday that Wolves were pursuing a loan deal for the Olympiacos central defender.
But Giannis Chorianopoulos is the editor in chief of Greek outlet Sportime, and is on the ground.
He’s tweeted an update – and there’s mixed news for Wolves fans.
10 million euros is around £8.5 million, which looks a decent price for Wolves to bolster their central defensive options.
But if the work permit issue is as serious as Chorianopoulos says, that could stop the deal getting done.
With the transfer window entering into its final weeks, Wolves are facing something of a race against time too.
It looks like great progress has been made towards signing the defender, who played with Jose Sa last season in Greece.
The work permit problem is the one which needs sorting, and that could drag it out.
Wolves fans will be keeping an eye on this situation to see what happens next and whether they need to look elsewhere to solve their central defensive issues.
- Bruno Lage should take gamble on £3m Wolves player ahead of 2022/23 – opinion
- Wolves transfer targets impressed in last night's UEL final, especially 31-year-old warrior – opinion
- Report: One of 23-year-old or £4.5m man will probably be loaned out by Wolves
- Report: Wolves to advance with offer for 12-cap international soon, club want £25m+
- 'The kind of player we want': Lage hails 22-year-old but suggests Wolves loan exit is possible