Wolves are one of the clubs who have been credited with an interest in signing Billy Gilmour on loan from Chelsea.
The Athletic claim that Norwich are also keen on the Scotland international.
The Daily Record report that Scottish champions Rangers are in the mix too and Steven Gerrard has expressed an interest.
That said, quotes in the piece from a Chelsea source should give Wolves encouragement.
“There have been some conflicting signals where Billy’s immediate future is concerned.
“It may depend on whether or not Mateo Kovacic stays or leaves the club this summer. But there is no doubt how highly Chelsea rate Billy.
“If they do agree to loan him out for experience they might prefer him to be playing in the Premier League with the likes of Norwich, Wolves or Leeds.
“But they also know Steven Gerrard is a big admirer – and that Rangers are very much in the market for taking young players from Premier League academies on loan and giving them top team experience.”
Gilmour slipping away?
Gilmour may well be set to stay in the Premier League but the Athletic report Norwich are expecting to land him.
If Wolves were serious about loaning him in, missing out to a newly-promoted side is a bit of a blow.
Plenty of Wolves fans were excited about the transfer link as Gilmour is a player with huge potential.
Wolves could do with reinforcements in midfield, but it appears they’ve got a lot of work to do to get ahead of Norwich for Gilmour now.
- Report: Lopetegui makes offer for 31-year-old who broke Wolves hearts in 2020, Villa keen too
- Report: Wolves transfer target now misses training, amid claims Molineux move is imminent
- Manager should have big regrets over £18m Wolves star, he has X-factor – opinion
- Wolves officials left red-faced, as player Lage wanted upstages Cristiano Ronaldo – opinion
- 'Imperative': Wolves told they must strengthen position even if £30m man finds form