Wolves are one of two Premier League clubs chasing the loan signing of Billy Gilmour, according to the Athletic.
They claim that Wolves and newly-promoted Norwich are both keen on the Scotland international.
Gilmour burst onto the scene under Frank Lampard but has struggled for gametime under Thomas Tuchel.
A Premier League loan deal could be a vital step in his development and the report claims Wolves want midfield reinforcements.
Gilmour has of course been in the news lately.
But he was then ruled out of the crucial final group game with Croatia after testing positive for Covid.
His interaction with Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell kept that pair out of England’s 1-0 win over Czech Republic last night.
Would Gilmour be a good signing?
Gilmour is a young midfielder with fantastic talent and he could light up the Premier League.
He would have two ideal tutors at Wolves, in Ruben Neves and Joao Moutinho.
They’re both deep-lying playmakers like him. So the main drawback is he doesn’t offer a real alternative on what Wolves already have.
There is uncertainty over Neves’ future and Gilmour could, in theory, take his place in midfield.
Also, Bruno Lage has a reputation for developing young talent from his time at Benfica and could work wonders with a player of Gilmour’s obvious talent.
- Exit-linked Ruben Neves ‘happy’ with his Wolves teammates; praises Lage
- Wolves transfer news: Jorge Mendes offers Rafa Mir to Barcelona
- Wolves miss out on Kaio Jorge as Brazilian agrees Juventus move
- Many Wolves fans say the same thing following 2-1 win over Coventry City
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury