Wolves have been credited with an interest in central defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, who is currently on loan at Celtic from Tottenham.
His performances at Parkhead have caught the eye and Wolves are just one of many clubs reportedly eyeing a summer move for the American international.
Carter-Vickers found the back of the net in Celtic’s 2-0 win over St Mirren last night, opening the scoring on 55 minutes.
It was the defender’s third goal of the season and his first since October, when he scored in the 3-1 away win over Hibernian.
Of course, that is not what he is in the team to do, although Romain Saiss’ goalscoring touch has proved handy at times this season for a Wolves side who are not awash with goals.
The defender took to Instagram after the game to celebrate the victory and the goal, which helped keep Celtic three points clear at the top of the league.
Some Wolves fans may want a more high profile new central defender through the door during the summer and there are doubts about whether Carter-Vickers is a Premier League standard player right now.
But he is currently playing well and dealing with the pressure of playing for a top club where the demands are winning every week.
If Wolves’ interest is genuine, his goal will have caught the eye last night.
Molineux loanee Connor Ronan would have been playing for the visitors last night but he was suspended after his red card against Hearts.
- Crucial Wolves player is already just one yellow card away from a ban
- Report: Wolves are almost certain to buy 21-year-old for £10m next summer
- 'Tremendous': Goncalo Guedes names the Wolves star who's helped him settle
- Report: Wolves tried to sign £10m player back in January, but couldn't reach agreement
- 'Difficult to imagine': Former Wolves star thinks 33-year-old won't start at West Ham