American international defender Cameron Carter-Vickers is currently on loan at Celtic from Tottenham.
TeamTalk are reporting that Wolves are among the Premier League clubs tracking his progress with designs on a summer move.
Celtic apparently have an option to buy the centre half for more than £10 million in the summer but they face stiff competition.
Leicester, West Ham, Burnley and Watford are apparently the other clubs keeping tags on Carter-Vickers ahead of the summer.
The latter two of those teams could well be in the Championship by the summer, but West Ham are chasing Europe alongside Wolves.
Wolves beat Leicester on Sunday and that result looks to have effectively bumped them out of European contention but Brendan Rodgers is a coach with a reputation for improving players.
How good is Carter-Vickers? He has never established himself in England but is arguably the best central defender in Scotland this season.
He said: “The way this team plays leaves the centre halves exposed and I think he has coped very well in one-v-one situations. He is quick, comfortable on the ball and fits the role really well.”
Wolves fans may want someone of greater repute but the way Toti and Max Kilman have come on this season should offer faith that Bruno Lage could bring anyone up to the level required provided he gets his man.
- 'Not his fault': Chris Sutton thinks Lage sacking was harsh, as he predicts Chelsea vs Wolves
- 'It's unbelievable': Wolves ace Podence shares the Diego Costa trait that's fully surprised him
- Six-minute video suggests Wolves might just be about to make an inspired appointment – opinion
- 'I can't believe': Paul Merson stunned by what Wolves have done, as he predicts Chelsea clash
- Collins and Davis must unleash Wolves star Bruno Lage called 'very strong' on Chelsea – opinion