Two Wolves players have remain on the shortlist for the Golden Boy 2021 award.
The 100 list of nominees for the 2021 gong has been chopped to 60 and Rayan Ait-Nouri and Fabio Silva have both made the cut.
Silva’s potential is reflected by his inclusion despite a tough first season at Molineux.
Now, he looks to have bulked up ahead of his second term in English football.
Ait-Nouri spent the 2020/21 season on loan at Molineux from Angers and has since made that move permanent.
Bruno Lage has experimented with playing him on the wing in pre-season, but he was fielded at left wing-back against Nottingham Forest last night.
Elsewhere among the 60, there are inclusions for four of players Wolves have been linked with of late.
Wolves’ interest in Valencia’s Kang-in Lee was reported as recently as last week, with the South Korean turning down four other clubs this summer.
Goncalo Ramos has a £103 million release clause and was rumoured in June. Wolves could do with a new striker.
Ilaix Moriba could be apparently landed for less than £13 million and he is a special, special talent.
If the aforementioned players keep working hard they’ll realise their potential.
It would be great if one of the reported targets set about doing that in an Old Gold shirt.
- Bruno Lage should take gamble on £3m Wolves player ahead of 2022/23 – opinion
- Wolves transfer targets impressed in last night's UEL final, especially 31-year-old warrior – opinion
- Report: One of 23-year-old or £4.5m man will probably be loaned out by Wolves
- Report: Wolves to advance with offer for 12-cap international soon, club want £25m+
- 'The kind of player we want': Lage hails 22-year-old but suggests Wolves loan exit is possible