Wolverhampton Wanderers-owned Morgan Gibbs-White produced a ‘Man of the Match’ performance in Sheffield United’s 2-0 win against Bristol City.
In the Blades’ first game following the sacking of Slavisa Jokanovic, new manager Paul Heckingbottom got off to the best possible start.
Playing in the attacking midfielder’s role in a 3-4-2-1 formation, the 21-year-old from Stafford had an influential afternoon’s work in the Championship game.
The win for the Blades moved them up to 13th in the Championship table and six points off the play-off places.
Morgan Gibbs-White was a star
According to WhoScored, Gibbs-White was given an 8.0 rating, which was enough for the England under-21 international to clinch the man of the match award.
The under-17 World Cup winner finished the game at Bramhall Lane with the most shots (4) and completed dribbles (5).
No player on the pitch had more touches than the Wolves academy graduate (84) or key passes (3).
No player in the Sheffield United side won more aerial duels than the talented youngster (3).
Willing to dig in and fulfil his defensive duties, Gibbs-White also made three clearances against Nigel Pearson’s side.
The win against Bristol City was Gibbs-White’s 14th Championship start of his season-long loan spell.
Sheffield United fans impressed
Gibbs-White’s eye-catching performance saw him come in for high praise from several Sheffield United fans on social media…
- Report: 42-year-old linked with Wolves receives fresh backing from club, amid recent sack talk
- 'I'm hoping': Sasa Kalajdzic provides latest injury update, shares when he wants to be back
- Report: 56-year-old Wolves manager target's replacement will arrive tomorrow
- Report: 47-year-old manager now a real long shot to get Wolves job, he would be very expensive
- 'Excellent': UCL boss thinks Wolves managerial target's team is one of the best in Europe