Marseille’s Duje Caleta-Car is one of the central defenders who have been linked with a move to Wolves.
The reported interest came to nothing in the summer but with the January transfer window opening in a few weeks, attention will again turn to whether Wolves can bolster the heart of their defence.
In the meantime, Caleta-Car is trying to shine for Marseille, but he endured a night to forget in the Europa League on Thursday.
Marseille lost 4-2 to Galatasaray and have been knocked out of the Europa League.
French outlet L’Equipe put the blame for the hosts’ first goal on Caleta-Car, and then he scored an own goal to make it 2-0.
MORE WOLVES STORIES
They said that the poor performance again raises the prospect that the defender could be sold.
He has muscled his way into the side again after seemingly being close to a summer exit and a January departure cannot be ruled out.
Of course, if Wolves are watching on with interest, this performance is unlikely to have impressed them.
It is not clear whether Wolves are planning to try and make a big money mid-season signing or wait until the summer.
- ‘I was really, really angry’: £15m Wolves star slams how he played in one pre-season game
- ‘The key player’: Lemina and Doherty rave about their Wolves teammate after electric start
- 11 changes from Saturday, two new signings get their debuts: Wolves predicted XI vs Ipswich
- What 30-year-old Wolves player did just before Luton’s penalty should concern O’Neil – opinion
- ‘Problem’: Pundit says 23-year-old could create big transfer issue for Wolves now