Reported Wolves target Sven Botman scored in a 5-0 win for Netherlands Under-21s last night.
The Jong Oranje thumped Wales and central defender Botman made it 2-0 on 35 minutes.
That win means they sit second in their European Championship qualification group with a game in hand on Switzerland.
Botman is not in the side to find the net but it is always a boost for a centre half to find the back of the net.
He took to Instagram after the game to celebrate a ‘good night’ all round, topped with a clean sheet.
Wolves tried to sign Botman as part of their attempts to land a new senior central defender in the summer.
At the time, it was reported that Wolves bid £25 million for the Dutchman from Lille.
Lille are apparently holding out for £35 million, and the deal did not get done.
Nights like this will only boost Botman’s profile and valuation, and Bruno Lage spoke earlier this week about needing to improve his central defensive options in January.
- Wolves fans hail Molineux stars as they undertake life support training
- Bruno Lage makes very bold claim about Wolves star Joao Moutinho
- Wolves fans discuss returning Francisco Trincao’s role this Saturday
- Collins comments on ‘naive’ Wolves U23 performance
- Edwards says Wolves looked fitter than Villa on Saturday