Reported Wolves target Sven Botman scored in a 5-0 win for Netherlands Under-21s last night.
The Jong Oranje thumped Wales and central defender Botman made it 2-0 on 35 minutes.
That win means they sit second in their European Championship qualification group with a game in hand on Switzerland.
Botman is not in the side to find the net but it is always a boost for a centre half to find the back of the net.
He took to Instagram after the game to celebrate a ‘good night’ all round, topped with a clean sheet.
Wolves tried to sign Botman as part of their attempts to land a new senior central defender in the summer.
At the time, it was reported that Wolves bid £25 million for the Dutchman from Lille.
Lille are apparently holding out for £35 million, and the deal did not get done.
Nights like this will only boost Botman’s profile and valuation, and Bruno Lage spoke earlier this week about needing to improve his central defensive options in January.
- Report: Serie A club now looking to sign 22y/o Wolves target who'll needs leave this summer
- Report: Club now eyeing £8.6m man as replacement for 23-year-old Wolves really want
- Video: 25-year-old who could soon leave Wolves all smiles on return to Compton
- Wolves could find exciting Traore replacement in 21-year-old who has 'electric pace' – opinion
- Two PL clubs reportedly keen on £20m striker, Wolves should be one – opinion