Bruno Lage has commented on the central defensive situation at Wolves.
A new senior central defender was a priority during the transfer window but only youngster Yerson Mosquera came in.
The Colombian is now injured and will be out until the new year and Lage has admitted the situation needs improving.
As per the Shropshire Star, he said: “With that question, you can understand why I spend too much time here in the building because I need to find solutions.
“Yerson is a wonderful kid and every time has a big smile on his face. He gave us a lot of energy when he arrived on the first day.
“I’m not happy with what happened with him, he deserved a lot (more) and we are here waiting for him when he recovers, to give him the chance he deserves.
“We know since the beginning that on December 20 we will miss our players to Africa Cup of Nations. That’s why I spend too much time here (at Compton) to find the best solutions. We have time to wait until December.”
Romain Saiss and Willy Boly going to the African Cup of Nations will weaken Wolves’ defensive options.
The potential options to replace Saiss in the starting team would be Leander Dendoncker or moving Marcal inside with Rayan Ait-Nouri coming into the team.
A new central defender has been long overdue at Molineux but it will be tricky to get players of the right quality in the mid-season window.
- 'A good team but': Paul Merson predicts a winner in West Ham vs Wolves
- Report: 25-year-old Wolves star snubbed two English giants, wants overseas move next year
- 'Good news for us': Guedes identifies a big boost for Wolves following international break
- 'Frustrate me': Chris Sutton gives thoughts ahead of West Ham vs Wolves, predicts a winner
- Crucial Wolves player is already just one yellow card away from a ban