Bruno Lage was asked for an update on Adama Traore’s contract situation at his pre-match press conference ahead of the visit of Newcastle.
Reports emerged yesterday that Traore was edging closer to a new deal with talks progressing well.
Lage confirmed that talks are ongoing with Traore now into the final two years of his current deal.
“What I know is the club want to make a new contract with him. From what I can see every day, Adama is happy to stay here and happy with his team-mates.
“Sometimes these kind of things take time and I think in the end it will be good for both.
“I’m very happy with what we have in our wingers because we have the competition we want and the players with a different profile. A player like him is very important.
“He’s a good guy and knows what he needs to improve. He’s working hard to improve his inside game. He started the season very well and I’m very happy with what he’s doing at the moment.”
Traore signing a new deal would be a big boost, as evidenced by how the fans reacted to the report.
He has had a decent season so far and getting his future sorted would be great in terms of blocking out the background distractions and focusing on football.
- Report: Wolves have offer in to sign striker with 'genuine quality', he's strong with both feet
- Report: Wolves staff actually think they've pulled off a real bargain signing this summer
- Report: Wolves battling Southampton and Eddie Howe for £25m star, Lage has made contact
- 'I'm ready': Star who's played just 10 minutes under Lage ready to fight for chances at Wolves
- Matheus Nunes' mother reacts, with 23-year-old set to sign for Wolves imminently