Adama Traore is closing in on a new contract at Wolves, according to the Daily Mail.
They report that the Spanish international has been offered a deal worth around £100,000-a-week.
And the signs are that he’s going to sign it, although nothing is confirmed as of yet.
Traore has less than two years left on his current contract, and was the subject of interest from Tottenham in the summer.
Traore committing his future to the club would be a huge boost to everyone at the club.
It would underline his faith in what Bruno Lage is trying to achieve at Molineux, despite a slow start.
It would lift the fans, who want new faces through the door but will understand the importance of keeping top players at the club.
And it would mean if another club did try and poach Traore, they’ve got to pay top dollar rather than playing a waiting game while he runs down his deal.
Traore has started the season in good form, but just hasn’t had a goal or an assist to mark it.
That will hopefully come sooner rather than later, just like the announcement on his new deal.
Traore signing an extension would be fantastic news, and hopefully negotiations keep going positively.
- Wolves fans hail Molineux stars as they undertake life support training
- Bruno Lage makes very bold claim about Wolves star Joao Moutinho
- Wolves fans discuss returning Francisco Trincao’s role this Saturday
- Collins comments on ‘naive’ Wolves U23 performance
- Edwards says Wolves looked fitter than Villa on Saturday