Wolves’ goalkeeping situation is now sorted with the signing of Jose Sa from Olympiacos.
John Ruddy’s future was also up in the air but he has also signed a new one-year deal with the club.
Sa follows in the footsteps of two goalkeepers who have worn the gloves with distinction for Wolves – Carl Ikeme and Rui Patricio.
Sa has taken on the number one shirt, which has not been worn since Ikeme did – with the former Old Gold stopper’s blessing.
Sa has sent a message to Ikeme, via the club’s official Twitter account.
He said: “Hi Carl, it’s an honour to wear your number one shirt. I hope to do you proud.”
A simple message but one which shows he understands the history of the club he’s joining.
He also sent a message to Patricio via Instagram, saying he’ll take good care of his fellow countryman’s shirt.
Patricio didn’t take on Ikeme’s number, leaving it free out of respect and taking number 11 instead.
Francisco Trincao has now taken on the number 11, with Sa taking the number one.
Sa clearly understands the stories of the men he’s following in the footsteps of.
- Wolves fans react as Owen Otasowie reportedly rejects new deal
- Raul Jimenez offers an update on his injury recovery
- What Thierry Henry has said about reported Wolves target Faivre
- Conor Coady shares his first impressions of Bruno Lage
- Report claims asking price for Wolves target Costa is more than £21 million