Wolves’ goalkeeping situation is now sorted with the signing of Jose Sa from Olympiacos.
John Ruddy’s future was also up in the air but he has also signed a new one-year deal with the club.
Sa follows in the footsteps of two goalkeepers who have worn the gloves with distinction for Wolves – Carl Ikeme and Rui Patricio.
Sa has taken on the number one shirt, which has not been worn since Ikeme did – with the former Old Gold stopper’s blessing.
Sa has sent a message to Ikeme, via the club’s official Twitter account.
He said: “Hi Carl, it’s an honour to wear your number one shirt. I hope to do you proud.”
A simple message but one which shows he understands the history of the club he’s joining.
He also sent a message to Patricio via Instagram, saying he’ll take good care of his fellow countryman’s shirt.
Patricio didn’t take on Ikeme’s number, leaving it free out of respect and taking number 11 instead.
Francisco Trincao has now taken on the number 11, with Sa taking the number one.
Sa clearly understands the stories of the men he’s following in the footsteps of.
- Predicted Wolves XI vs Liverpool: One change from Norwich stalemate
- Bruno Lage responds when asked whether Daniel Podence will return for Wolves v Liverpool
- Mark Lawrenson predicts the result of Wolves v Liverpool tomorrow
- Journalist says Wolves were 'as close as you could be' to signing 'amazing' ace in the summer
- 'Played well again': Amazon pundit praises Wolves star who is 'not the quickest' after 0-0 with Burnley