Wolves are apparently so close to finalising the signing of Jose Sa that he is already in Wolverhampton.
And the Shropshire Star claim his shirt number has already been decided as well.
They report that he will wear the number one shirt. Rui Patricio wore 11 instead out of respect for Carl Ikeme.
But he recently tweeted that he would like the club to give a new stopper his old number one shirt.
Perhaps it was that intervention which has helped Wolves decide to make their new first choice goalkeeper their new number one as well.
It has also been worn by the likes of Wayne Hennessey, Marcus Hahnemann, and Michael Oakes.
Sa currently wears the number one shirt for Olympiacos, reflecting his status there too.
That’s the number he’s worn for the past three seasons, having switched from 93 in 2019.
Those are the only three seasons in his career he’s worn the number one shirt.
He wore 12 and 24 with Porto. Both those numbers are free at Molineux, so he could have grabbed either of them had there been an issue being the first man since Ikeme to wearing number one.
As well as 93, he also had 91 and 99 at various points at Maritimo, but the Premier League doesn’t permit such outlandish numbers.
So it looks like Ikeme is about to get his wish.
- Exit-linked Ruben Neves ‘happy’ with his Wolves teammates; praises Lage
- Wolves transfer news: Jorge Mendes offers Rafa Mir to Barcelona
- Wolves miss out on Kaio Jorge as Brazilian agrees Juventus move
- Many Wolves fans say the same thing following 2-1 win over Coventry City
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury