Goalkeeper Jose Sa is in Wolverhampton and ready to finalise his move to Molineux.
According to the Shropshire Star, he arrived yesterday and his arrival will be announced today.
Rui Patricio’s departure has been confirmed after a protracted summer of rumours and negotiations.
And Sa has long been the man the most likely to replace him between the sticks for Wolves.
The report claims that Sa will cost £6.8 million which is less than had been previously reported last week.
Personal terms have already been agreed so it doesn’t appear there’s too much left to sort out.
Then, Sa will be able to get to work with his teammates, although Saturday’s first pre-season friendly with Crewe might come too soon for him.
And Wolves have acted swiftly to sort out their goalkeeping situation. Failure to do so could have led to teams trying to fleece them because of their acute need for a first-choice stopper as soon as possible.
Sa has big gloves to fill
Wolves signing Patricio was a huge coup, getting an international goalkeeper as a newly-promoted club.
Sa doesn’t have the same reputation and has big gloves to fill.
He has European experience with Olympiacos and is a seasoned professional who should adjust well to English football.
And after a summer where he’s been extensively linked with Wolves, it seems the wait is almost over.
- Exit-linked Ruben Neves ‘happy’ with his Wolves teammates; praises Lage
- Wolves transfer news: Jorge Mendes offers Rafa Mir to Barcelona
- Wolves miss out on Kaio Jorge as Brazilian agrees Juventus move
- Many Wolves fans say the same thing following 2-1 win over Coventry City
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury