Wolves defender Romain Saiss has come in for praise from BBC pundit Garth Crooks, who has included the striker in his Team of the Week.
The Morocco international scored the winner at Brighton on Wednesday and played his part in two clean sheets in two games – against the Seagulls and Chelsea.
“It’s not the first time Saiss has made my team of the week. The last time I selected him he also scored at Molineux but I’m not sure he played as well as he did against Brighton,” wrote Crooks.
“His goal at the Amex Stadium was brilliantly dispatched, especially for a centre-back, and his strike that hit the post deserved better.
“The Morocco international is playing as well as I’ve seen him play. He also played his part in gaining a very useful point against Chelsea on Sunday. All good news for his country, but perhaps not for Wolves as they are about to lose him to the Africa Cup of Nations at the end of the month.
“Only Raul Jimenez and Ruben Neves have scored more Premier League goals for Wolves since the start of last season than Saiss (five).”
Crooks is not the only one impressed by Saiss, who has got plenty of praise for his recent displays.
Crooks’ BBC colleagues Danny Murphy and Dion Dublin also praised Saiss on Match of the Day after that victory at the Amex.
The goal has seemingly shone a light on the good work Saiss has been doing all season long and he will be a big miss when he sets off for international duty.
- Report shares what Everton's option to buy clause is on Conor Coady
- Report: Wolves pushing really hard to sign 20-year-old midfielder again after £8m bid in January
- 'It does feel': Dave Edwards hails 'exciting addition' by Wolves, but has one concern
- Report: Club ready to hand new contract to 23-year-old Wolves really want to sign
- 'I don't understand': Former Molineux star flummoxed by Wolves decision