Another week of Premier League action means another week of Mark Lawrenson’s weekly predictions column.
The BBC pundit has delivered his verdict on how Wolves will get on against Southampton at St Mary’s .
Bruno Lage’s men need a response after crashing out of the EFL cup on Wednesday night.
Before that came the most disappointing performance and result of Lage’s reign so far, a 2-0 home loss against Brentford.
Lawro’s Southampton vs Wolves prediction
“I was impressed by Southampton in their draw at Manchester City last week.”
“They haven’t won yet, but they are not a team that looks like they are in any kind of trouble.
“That’s why I’m backing Saints to get that first victory here. Wolves have lost four of their first five league games.
“I don’t see them struggling for long, [but] they don’t look as strong as they did a couple of seasons ago. Lawro’s prediction: 2-1
Lawrenson’s fellow pundit Paul Merson has also predicted the outcome of the game – and the pair disagree.
Merson thinks it’ll be a 2-1 Wolves victory and that Adama Traore could cause real problems for Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side.
Southampton are a point and a place better off than Wolves, so it’s fair to say this one could go either way and it would perhaps be a surprise to see this game decided by a margin of more than one goal.
- Predicted Wolves XI to face Fulham: Lage makes Guedes decision, 21y/o keeps place
- 'It would be best': Manager says £54m striker linked with Wolves can leave club
- Report: Wolves interested in 35-cap international defender, but Italian trio are lurking
- 'Could be improved': Former Wolves star makes interest claim about Lage after working under him
- £12.6m Wolves striker target will leave his club soon, two PL clubs keen – Fabrizio Romano