Wolves’ interest in defender Sven Botman is complicated by his asking price as we enter the final day of the transfer window.
The Athletic report that Lille wanted £35 million from Molineux to sign the 21-year-old Dutchman.
That would have matched the club record fee Wolves paid to sign Fabio Silva last summer.
Journalist Fabrizio Romano claims that has ended Wolves’ interest, but they are keen on Tosin Adarabioyo instead.
Botman would have been an exciting signing and Wolves might have hoped to exploit the financial situation in French football.
But Lille have held firm with a high valuation, although the Telegraph claim that Wolves are determined to do the deal at £25 million.
Tosin is a defender of a different calibre, but he has a big future and Premier League experience.
Wolves fans have been waiting all summer to sign a central defender to elevate their backline to a different level.
We’re now into the final hours of the window – so it’s now or never.
The pressure is on to find a defender of the right quality at an acceptable price, and time will tell if Lille budge on their valuation.
- Wolves team news: Lage names XI to face Tottenham, Mosquera starts
- Yerson Mosquera posts on social media ahead of Tottenham clash
- Wolves should probably be keeping tabs on Club Brugge star Hans Vanaken
- Is Wolves v Tottenham on TV? Kick off time, coverage and team news
- Three questions Bruno Lage will be looking at in Wolves’ EFL Cup tie vs Tottenham