Wolves have reportedly been joined in the hunt for Kaio Jorge by AC Milan.
TMW report the highly-rated Brazilian starlet is now on the radar of the Serie A with his Santos contract expiring at the end of the year.
There is also the chance for the Brazilian side to sell to the San Siro this summer so they don’t lose him for nothing.
The asking price is apparently now £8.5 million, with the potential scope to go even lower because of his contract situation.
According to A Bola, the teenage Brazilian starlet is wanted by Molineux officials.
Jorge has been making a name for himself over the past few years.
He broke through to the Santos first-team in 2018 and to date, he has clocked up 72 appearances for the club – an impressive output given he is only 19.
Jorge has represented Brazil at U15 and U17 level, and scored in the U17’s World Cup final defeat to Mexico in 2019.
Some Wolves fans were excited when the links to Jorge came out last month.
That said, do Wolves really need another young striker when they signed Fabio Silva last summer and still haven’t seen the best of him?
At £8.5 million, Jorge might be seen as worth the gamble and Milan’s interest might spark Wolves into action.
That said, Wolves’ priorities seem to lie elsewhere this summer as Bruno Lage gears up for his first season in English football.
- Exit-linked Ruben Neves ‘happy’ with his Wolves teammates; praises Lage
- Wolves transfer news: Jorge Mendes offers Rafa Mir to Barcelona
- Wolves miss out on Kaio Jorge as Brazilian agrees Juventus move
- Many Wolves fans say the same thing following 2-1 win over Coventry City
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury