Wolves have been intermittently linked with Aaron Ramsey in recent transfer windows and the latest is that they are leading the chase.
TeamTalk claim that Wolves are close to signing Ramsey in what would be an exciting deadline day capture.
Fabrizio Romano said on his Twitch stream at 11.31am that the decision over his future is down to Ramsey.
Hailed as ‘world class’ by Ben Davies, it’s clear that Ramsey must leave Juventus this month for the sake of his career.
Max Allegri said earlier this month that Ramsey will leave this month but still nothing concrete has been organised regarding his future.
Rangers are shock contenders for Ramsey, and have arranged a loan-to-buy option as per Romano. That underlines the financial reality of the situation – while the Gers still try and convince the player.
Ramsey’s Juventus wages are high and that has previous meant that any links with Wolves have not looked like a goer.
But if Rangers are anything close to a realistic contender for Ramsey, that must mean that the portion of his wages a suitor would pay must be achievable for Wolves too.
That means that Wolves could have a realistic chance and they are higher up the Premier League than reported other potential suitors Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Burnley.
This one could be a big late move, but there was excitement over Renato Sanches on the final day of the summer window but that one did not happen.
The Athletic report (11.39am) that Ramsey is yet to decide his future but that one of three clubs interested are in the Premier League.
- £18m striker Wolves opted against signing for Kalajdzic is now a Premier League player
- 'The aim now': Wolves could loan out 'rock solid defender' for 2023/24
- 'Class': Joe Hodge names four Wolves players he's learning off every day in training
- 'Key player': Sporting director says 'special' 31-year-old Wolves target was never on the market
- Video: £27.5m Wolves loanee continues good form by grabbing assist in 3-0 win