A report by the Athletic has claimed that Wolves could still bring in players before the transfer deadline.
Scott Sellars said earlier in the window that Wolves were not looking at big signings but there have been two new arrivals so far.
Hayao Kawabe came in but has already gone back to Grasshoppers on loan and Chiquinho has come in too, but could be one for the future.
While the report says much of the business which will happen between now and the deadline at Molineux will involve loan outgoings, it says that Wolves are also looking at bringing players in on loan.
A central defender, a midfielder and a striker are all areas which are being targeted if the right deal comes up in the closing days of the window.
The report says that Wolves are willing to spend money to buy someone if the right deal comes up.
Of course, late loan deals are perhaps not what many fans wanted in terms of excitement this month especially given how thin Wolves’ squad is.
But it shows that the club are still looking to improve what they have in their ranks and they could spring a shock loan swoop like when Hwang Hee-Chan came in during the summer with little preamble.
Renato Sanches came out of nowhere as a loan target in the closing days of the summer window and perhaps a surprise name will present itself this time around too.
- Report: 25-year-old Wolves star snubbed two English giants, wants overseas move next year
- 'Good news for us': Guedes identifies a big boost for Wolves following international break
- 'Frustrate me': Chris Sutton gives thoughts ahead of West Ham vs Wolves, predicts a winner
- Crucial Wolves player is already just one yellow card away from a ban
- Report: Wolves are almost certain to buy 21-year-old for £10m next summer