Last week, Wolves were linked with a bid for Porto midfielder Sergio Oliveira.
Now, Portuguese outlet A Bola have an update on that pursuit and it’s not especially good news.
They claim that Oliveira wants to stay at Porto rather than make the move to Molineux.
The Portuguese club made the quarter-finals of last season’s Champions League and are in the group stage again this term.
And Oliveira apparently does not see the project at Wolves under Bruno Lage as something he wants to leave that behind for.
The 13-cap Portugal international had an outstanding season in 2020/21.
And Wolves still need a central midfielder before the end of the window, so he’d have been a decent fit.
But it looks like Wolves might need to turn their attention elsewhere to bolster their engine room.
Despite Jorge Mendes’ involvement, this looks like a deal which won’t be getting done this summer.
- Wolves managerial target Julen Lopetegui officially leaves Sevilla after 4-1 UCL defeat
- 'Possibility': Wolves could announce 56y/o as Lage's successor early next week – journalist
- Report: The embarrassingly low option to buy clause Everton have on Conor Coady
- Injured Wolves duo pictured in latest training photos, £14m star on the grass
- Report: 42-year-old linked with Wolves receives fresh backing from club, amid recent sack talk