Last week, Wolves were linked with a bid for Porto midfielder Sergio Oliveira.
Now, Portuguese outlet A Bola have an update on that pursuit and it’s not especially good news.
They claim that Oliveira wants to stay at Porto rather than make the move to Molineux.
The Portuguese club made the quarter-finals of last season’s Champions League and are in the group stage again this term.
And Oliveira apparently does not see the project at Wolves under Bruno Lage as something he wants to leave that behind for.
The 13-cap Portugal international had an outstanding season in 2020/21.
And Wolves still need a central midfielder before the end of the window, so he’d have been a decent fit.
But it looks like Wolves might need to turn their attention elsewhere to bolster their engine room.
Despite Jorge Mendes’ involvement, this looks like a deal which won’t be getting done this summer.
- Raul Jimenez admits Adama Traore partnership hasn’t quite been there so far
- Is it time for Lage to change formation and give Jimenez a partner?
- Slavisa Jokanovic hails Wolves loan star Morgan Gibbs-White
- Fans praise Vitinha after shining on first start for Porto
- New signing Josh Esen scores on Wolves youth debut