Wolves look set for a quiet deadline day in terms of incomings.
This month, they have so far looked to get in young talent and the only signing who has not been sent out on loan already is Chiquinho.
And they apparently wanted another promising youngster in the shape of Paris Saint Germain teenage talent Djeidi Gassama, according to reports from France.
Foot Mercato claim that Wolves were one of three clubs who made a loan-to-buy offer for the teenager but saw it knocked back.
Hamburg and Basel were the other two but it seems that Gassama will be staying where he is with PSG having no intention of letting him go.
He is under contract until June 2023 with PSG and has not planned to leave the club this winter despite the offer from Wolves in recent days.
He has been perfoming well for PSG in the Youth League with 5 goals in 6 matches and also impressing with Under 19s.
Gassama is a versatile forward who is most comfortable cutting in from the right hand side and shooting and would potentially have been an exciting signing.
But it does not seem like he will be moving to Molineux this month as he keeps on trying to catch Mauricio Pochettino’s eye at a club full of superstars.
- 'Not his fault': Chris Sutton thinks Lage sacking was harsh, as he predicts Chelsea vs Wolves
- 'It's unbelievable': Wolves ace Podence shares the Diego Costa trait that's fully surprised him
- Six-minute video suggests Wolves might just be about to make an inspired appointment – opinion
- 'I can't believe': Paul Merson stunned by what Wolves have done, as he predicts Chelsea clash
- Collins and Davis must unleash Wolves star Bruno Lage called 'very strong' on Chelsea – opinion