Wolves midfielder Connor Ronan is set to sign for Scottish outfit St Mirren on loan.
According to Sky Sports’ Transfer Centre (20:38, 30/08), Ronan’s exit is imminent on deadline day.
The 23-year-old spent last season on loan at Grasshoppers in Switzerland, who Wolves have a close relationship.
This move will be his sixth loan spell, after time at at Blackpool, Dunajska Streda, Walsall and Portsmouth as well.
Ronan is still under contract at Molineux until 2024 but would it be better if he left permanently?
It seems like we won’t find out this year, and he’ll hope to impress in Scotland.
Maybe Bruno Lage will bring him back into his plans eventually, but he could just as easily be going on loan to get in the shop window.
Ronan will want to be playing regular matches if nothing else, and at 23, needs to kick on now.
- Raul Jimenez admits Adama Traore partnership hasn’t quite been there so far
- Is it time for Lage to change formation and give Jimenez a partner?
- Slavisa Jokanovic hails Wolves loan star Morgan Gibbs-White
- Fans praise Vitinha after shining on first start for Porto
- New signing Josh Esen scores on Wolves youth debut