Wolves have been linked with a swoop for Braga midfielder Samu Costa by Diario de Almeria.
Costa spent the 2020/21 season on loan with Almeria in the Spanish second tier, helping them to a fourth place finish.
Wolves are apparently keen on a 25 million euros (£21.5 million) swoop for Costa.
It might not surprise many fans to learn that Costa is a Gestifute client, given Jorge Mendes’ influence on Wolves’ transfer business.
Costa is not afraid to put his foot in, and picked up a whopping 15 bookings last season.
Perhaps he would be well-suited to the physical side of English football, but he is only 20 and at the price being demanded, would be a risk.
Mendes has brought top players to Wolves who might not have been on the radar of many other clubs.
Costa could well be another, and he could replace Ruben Neves, amid reported interest from Arsenal.
Here’s how the report went down on Twitter, garnering a split reaction:
- Wolves U23s boss James Collins says Kam Kandola is ‘stepping up to the plate’
- Wolves fans react to Hwang Hee-chan training clip
- Fernando Marcal discusses working under ‘great’ communicator Bruno Lage
- James Collins praises Conor Carty after goal for U23s last night
- Wolves-linked Rafael Leao catches the eye against Liverpool