The Express claim that Ainsley Maitland-Niles could be used to help Arsenal land Ruben Neves.
They report the prospect of a part-swap deal between the two midfielders this summer.
Maitland-Niles has recently admitted he may need to leave Arsenal this summer.
He has played for England and knows he’ll need to be playing regular football if he wants to get back in Gareth Southgate’s squad.
There’s history there
In August 2020, Sky Sports reported that Wolves had a £15 million bid for the midfielder turned down.
That led some Wolves fans on Twitter to claim that Maitland-Niles has had his chance to come to Molineux already. He didn’t take it, move on.
On top of that, he spent the second half of last season on loan with West Brom, as Wolves’ bitter rivals were relegated.
Some supporters felt that he didn’t stand out in that team, which has put them off wanting him.
Add in that Neves has done so much for Wolves, and the proposal is not a popular one online.
Here’s how the report went down with some Old Gold fans on Twitter:
- New Valencia boss Bordalas praises Mir amid transfer links
- Some Wolves fans react to Traore’s comments on his future
- Wolves transfer news: Club considering move for James Tarkowski
- Report names the two formations Lage is planning to use at Wolves
- Wolves’ ace Saiss says he wishes he’d converted to centre-back sooner