Rafa Mir confirmed his exit from Wolves yesterday.
Although Sevilla haven’t announced it yet on their social channels, that’s where he’s headed.
It wasn’t too long ago that Mir looked bound for Atletico Madrid, and all that needed sorting was the finishing touches.
Fabrizio Romano has tweeted about how close that deal was before the Spanish champions decided to go in a different direction.
It’s strange that Atletico had such a late and drastic change of heart about Mir.
He lit up La Liga last season and would have been an ideal backup striker for Luiz Suarez.
They have obviously decided to look elsewhere and will hope that in the weeks ahead they can get their man.
Wolves have done well to get almost £14 million for a player they signed for £1.5 million during Nuno Espirito Santo’s reign.
That’s especially the case because he had less than a year left on his Molineux deal.
Now Wolves fans will be hoping the money is reinvested in the squad over the coming days.
- Raul Jimenez admits Adama Traore partnership hasn’t quite been there so far
- Is it time for Lage to change formation and give Jimenez a partner?
- Slavisa Jokanovic hails Wolves loan star Morgan Gibbs-White
- Fans praise Vitinha after shining on first start for Porto
- New signing Josh Esen scores on Wolves youth debut