Wolves are looking to loan out two players before the transfer window shuts on Tuesday, according to the Athletic’s Tim Spiers.
One is teenager Luke Matheson, who was signed by Nuno Espirito Santo in January 2020 but is yet to play for Wolves.
The other is Connor Ronan, who spent last season on loan with Grasshoppers, with whom Wolves have a close relationship.
Matheson was out on loan from February last season, but only made two appearances for Ipswich.
If all goes to plan, the pair will have new temporary homes this time next week.
In the case of Matheson, the destination needs to be more suitable than it was last season.
Ronan has a contract until 2024, which means Wolves are under no pressure to move him on permanently.
And while he looks set for another loan exit, there is a school of thought that he would be better off being sold.
Matheson is a huge talent and he is now working under a manager in Bruno Lage who has a reputation for bringing through young players.
But Lage clearly feels the best thing for his development is to go out on loan again and get regular gametime.
We’ll see where the pair end up in the coming days, when the focus for many fans will be on who Wolves will get through the door.
- Bruno Lage should take gamble on £3m Wolves player ahead of 2022/23 – opinion
- Wolves transfer targets impressed in last night's UEL final, especially 31-year-old warrior – opinion
- Report: One of 23-year-old or £4.5m man will probably be loaned out by Wolves
- Report: Wolves to advance with offer for 12-cap international soon, club want £25m+
- 'The kind of player we want': Lage hails 22-year-old but suggests Wolves loan exit is possible