A report from Portugal indicates that the race for Wolves defender Ruben VInagre is hotting up.
A Bola claim that Sporting are progressing with their bid to sign the left-sided defender this summer.
But Portuguese rivals Benfica are also apparently keen to sign Vinagre, who spent the second part of last season at Famalicão on loan.
Sporting apparently think they can land Vinagre for 10 million euros (£8.6 million) this summer.
They’re expecting to lose highly-rated left-back Nuno Mendes have their sights set on Vinagre to replace him.
Of course Wolves are yet to appoint a new manager and that could impact Vinagre’s decision.
Bruno Lage is expected to be the new man in charge and he did have a good reputation for bringing through young players at Benfica.
Vinagre’s asking price
It’s not quite clear where Sporting have come up with their valuation of Vinagre.
In April, it was reported that Wolves wanted £13 million for the defender.
Vinagre is still 22 and could well have a big future ahead of him.
That said, Wolves need to sell to spend big this summer and if they could raise decent money selling someone who wasn’t even at the club last season, it should be ruled out.
- Report: The two big reasons why Jeff Shi ultimately decided to sack Scott Sellars at Wolves
- Report: Club have 26-year-old Wolves ace as their number two choice to replace £8.6m star
- World Cup manager has bad news to share on £14m Wolves star ahead of today's games
- Former Wolves star is making Jeff Shi look foolish, after second World Cup masterclass – opinion
- 'One more step': Forgotten Wolves star drops encouraging video on social media