Wolves signing Bendeguz Bolla has come out of left field.
He has immediately agreed to go out on loan to Grasshoppers, the Swiss club with whom Wolves have a close working relationship.
Bolla is unknown to most English fans but was part of Hungary’s squad for Euro 2020 and was on the bench against Portugal and Germany.
But how much has he cost Wolves?
The Athletic claim that Wolves have paid £800,000 to get the defender through the door from Fehervar.
He’s still just 21 and could be one for the future at Molineux.
Bolla is a right-back who has two international caps to his name. It seems likely he’s only going to get better.
An attack minded full-back, Bolla is very fast which compliments his excellent dribbling and crossing abilities.
Wolves sent a number of players to Grasshoppers last season, including Toti Gomes, Conor Ronan, Leo Bonatini, Oskar Buur, Renat Dadashov and Ming-Yang Yang.
Leonardo Campana has already agreed to make the same loan move this summer.
The nature of the move, coming out of the blue as it did, led many Wolves fans to admit they don’t know who their new man is when the link sprung up.
The next step for him is to impress in Switzerland before focusing his attention on a possible career at Wolves.
- 'Keep an eye on': Another PL club now want to buy 22-year-old from Wolves – journalist
- Report: Wolves made 'big play' to sign youngster years ago, now he's making £5m PL move
- Report: Wolves readying offer for £8.6m-rated centre-back who's a 'free-kick specialist'
- 22-year-old could make millions for Wolves, as report makes refreshing claim – opinion
- Report: A third PL club now wants to sign 'fantastic footballer' from Wolves