Wolves signing Bendeguz Bolla has come out of left field.
He has immediately agreed to go out on loan to Grasshoppers, the Swiss club with whom Wolves have a close working relationship.
Bolla is unknown to most English fans but was part of Hungary’s squad for Euro 2020 and was on the bench against Portugal and Germany.
But how much has he cost Wolves?
The Athletic claim that Wolves have paid £800,000 to get the defender through the door from Fehervar.
He’s still just 21 and could be one for the future at Molineux.
Bolla is a right-back who has two international caps to his name. It seems likely he’s only going to get better.
An attack minded full-back, Bolla is very fast which compliments his excellent dribbling and crossing abilities.
Wolves sent a number of players to Grasshoppers last season, including Toti Gomes, Conor Ronan, Leo Bonatini, Oskar Buur, Renat Dadashov and Ming-Yang Yang.
Leonardo Campana has already agreed to make the same loan move this summer.
The nature of the move, coming out of the blue as it did, led many Wolves fans to admit they don’t know who their new man is when the link sprung up.
The next step for him is to impress in Switzerland before focusing his attention on a possible career at Wolves.
- Exit-linked Ruben Neves ‘happy’ with his Wolves teammates; praises Lage
- Wolves transfer news: Jorge Mendes offers Rafa Mir to Barcelona
- Wolves miss out on Kaio Jorge as Brazilian agrees Juventus move
- Many Wolves fans say the same thing following 2-1 win over Coventry City
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury