Reports in Italy claim that Rui Patricio will be a Roma player by the end of the week.
Gianluca Di Marzio has reported on his website that after the unveiling of Jose Mourinho, focus has turned to sorting the squad out.
That means that Patricio’s deal has been sorted out and should be announced by Sunday.
Of course, many Wolves fans might be otherwise occupied that day, getting ready for England’s Euro 2020 final clash with Italy.
The report claims Patricio will cost Roma 11 million euros, which works out at £9.4 million.
That valuation has probably been informed by the fact that Patricio has entered the final year of his Wolves contract.
That means Wolves were running out of chance to get a transfer fee in for Patricio if they couldn’t persuade him to sign a new deal.
And he will apparently cut his holiday short by a week to get the deal done with Roma.
Replacement already lined up
Reports in Greece claim that Jose Sa’s deal to join Wolves as Patricio’s replacement is all but done too.
You’d expect that when one deal is announced, it won’t take long for the other to follow.
Sa will apparently cost Wolves £8.6 million, so most of the Patricio money will go straight to Olympiacos.
- 'One more step': Forgotten Wolves star drops encouraging video on social media
- 'Perplexed': Simon Jordan questions 42-year-old who turned down Wolves, amid new reports
- Wolves and Newcastle ask about 21-year-old star who's been compared to David Silva – journalist
- How Wolves star Ruben Neves got on for Portugal in thrilling contest vs Ghana at the World Cup
- 'He's got something': Ally McCoist raves about electric Wolves target in World Cup thriller