Reports in Italy claim that Rui Patricio will be a Roma player by the end of the week.
Gianluca Di Marzio has reported on his website that after the unveiling of Jose Mourinho, focus has turned to sorting the squad out.
That means that Patricio’s deal has been sorted out and should be announced by Sunday.
Of course, many Wolves fans might be otherwise occupied that day, getting ready for England’s Euro 2020 final clash with Italy.
The report claims Patricio will cost Roma 11 million euros, which works out at £9.4 million.
That valuation has probably been informed by the fact that Patricio has entered the final year of his Wolves contract.
That means Wolves were running out of chance to get a transfer fee in for Patricio if they couldn’t persuade him to sign a new deal.
And he will apparently cut his holiday short by a week to get the deal done with Roma.
Replacement already lined up
Reports in Greece claim that Jose Sa’s deal to join Wolves as Patricio’s replacement is all but done too.
You’d expect that when one deal is announced, it won’t take long for the other to follow.
Sa will apparently cost Wolves £8.6 million, so most of the Patricio money will go straight to Olympiacos.
- Exit-linked Ruben Neves ‘happy’ with his Wolves teammates; praises Lage
- Wolves transfer news: Jorge Mendes offers Rafa Mir to Barcelona
- Wolves miss out on Kaio Jorge as Brazilian agrees Juventus move
- Many Wolves fans say the same thing following 2-1 win over Coventry City
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury