Wolves target Rafael Leao wants to stay at Milan beyond the end of the transfer window.
According to Italian outlet Calcio Mercato, Leao is spending pre-season trying to convince Milan to keep him.
He’s knuckling down and wants to fight for his future at the San Siro amid interest.
It was reported last month that Wolves were keen on the 22-year-old Portuguese forward.
Jorge Mendes was apparently involved in the talks and he has of course engineered many Wolves deals in recent years.
The asking price was apparently set at £26 million. That would be a huge outlay for Wolves in any summer.
But it would be even more significant this summer when all the noises are that Wolves need to sell to buy.
And they bought an expensive young forward in Fabio Silva last summer. Would they really go big for an inexperienced striker yet again?
Either way, it seems Leao isn’t interested in a move and that’s a blow to any Wolves hopes of buying him.
Central defence and central midfield are areas of greater priority for Wolves.
Those positions are apparently their focus after sorting the goalkeeping position with the signing of Jose Sa.
Leao would be an exciting signing but at present, he doesn’t look like a realistic option.
- Exit-linked Ruben Neves ‘happy’ with his Wolves teammates; praises Lage
- Wolves transfer news: Jorge Mendes offers Rafa Mir to Barcelona
- Wolves miss out on Kaio Jorge as Brazilian agrees Juventus move
- Many Wolves fans say the same thing following 2-1 win over Coventry City
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury