Wolves goalkeeper Matija Sarkic will join Birmingham City on loan within 24 hours, according to the Athletic.
Sarkic has been training with the Blues during pre-season, which is a fairly rare step.
He also played in a pre-season game for the Blues at the weekend, against Cheltenham.
So the signs have been there for a little while, and now it seems that the goalkeeper is finally going to make the loan move.
Wolves have signed Jose Sa this summer to replace Rui Patricio as first choice goalkeeper.
John Ruddy has also signed a new deal and will expect to be Sa’s backup.
He started the 1-0 loss at Crewe on Saturday and was the only player to play the full 90 minutes.
Ruddy was also captain on the day, and will maybe hope to push Sa for the gloves.
Add in the signing of Louie Moulden from Manchester City over the summer and it’s not clear where Sarkic fits in.
He’ll get the opportunity to compete for a starting spot at a Championship club.
This will be his first opportunity to battle for a start at a second tier club and an important next step in his career.
Blues goalkeeper Neil Etheridge has caught Covid and a return date has not been set, because although he is now out of hospital, he will not be rushed back. Etheridge could be out for a matter of weeks, or even months.
- Exit-linked Ruben Neves ‘happy’ with his Wolves teammates; praises Lage
- Wolves transfer news: Jorge Mendes offers Rafa Mir to Barcelona
- Wolves miss out on Kaio Jorge as Brazilian agrees Juventus move
- Many Wolves fans say the same thing following 2-1 win over Coventry City
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury