Wolves goalkeeper Rui Patricio is reportedly not the only stopper on new Roma manager Jose Mourinho’s radar this summer.
Reports from Italian outlet Corriere Dello Sport claim that Mourinho may sign Alphonse Areola.
The Frenchman was of course relegated from the Premier League with Fulham at the end of 2020/21.
He was on loan at Craven Cottage from Paris Saint-Germain, but will not dislodge Keylor Navas there.
Signing Patricio – who earns a reported £100,000 a week – was a real coup for Wolves and he has seldom let them down.
It’s likely any new Wolves manager would want him between the sticks, so the news is a welcome development.
Patricio will soon head to Euro 2020, where he will look to help Portugal defend their crown.
Jorge Mendes has apparently been working on an exit for Patricio for an extended period of time.
Is that the case? It remains to be seen. But Mendes tends to act with his client’s best interests at heart and will have no loyalty to Wolves, in truth.
Either way, it would be a big boost if Patricio is between the posts for the first game of next season.
- Wolves should have coaching role conversation with Joao Moutinho
- Wolves U23s boss James Collins says Kam Kandola is ‘stepping up to the plate’
- Wolves fans react to Hwang Hee-chan training clip
- Fernando Marcal discusses working under ‘great’ communicator Bruno Lage
- James Collins praises Conor Carty after goal for U23s last night