Reports in Spain claim Atletico Madrid already have their eye out for potential replacements for Kieran Trippier.
AS report that the Spanish champions are already preparing for Trippier to join Manchester United, even though they don’t want him to leave.
And Wolves right-back Nelson Semedo is a player of interest to them to replace Trippier.
Atletico could of course offer the Portuguese international Champions League football next season.
The report claims Diego Simeone isn’t convinced with his current options if Trippier does go.
And Semedo of course has experience of La Liga, having joined Wolves from Barcelona.
He only made the move from the Nou Camp to Molineux in September, for a fee BBC report could rise to £37 million.
There’s no indication of how much they’d expect to recoup for Semedo if he did leave.
Semedo is established as Wolves’ first choice and losing him would be a blow to Bruno Lage’s plans.
But there has been a belief that Wolves need to sell to buy this summer. So you’d imagine they might listen to good offers for players such as Semedo.
It relies on Trippier joining United first anyway, and it seems there’s still a lot of work to do on that deal.
- Exit-linked Ruben Neves ‘happy’ with his Wolves teammates; praises Lage
- Wolves transfer news: Jorge Mendes offers Rafa Mir to Barcelona
- Wolves miss out on Kaio Jorge as Brazilian agrees Juventus move
- Many Wolves fans say the same thing following 2-1 win over Coventry City
- Raul Jimenez posts on Instagram after scoring first Wolves goal since injury